How do I arrange my Wedding ?

The first step is to go to see the priest for your district or contact the Parish office. Contact details can be found on the contact page on this website.

The Wedding usually takes place in the parish of the bride. It is advisable to make arrangements about the date and time well in advance and so avoid disappointment. In the Dublin Archdiocese weddings are not permitted on Sundays or Holydays of Obligation, nor during the Easter Tridium.

A minimum of three months notice of the intended wedding is required in the case of those over 18 years of age and six months from those under 18 years.

Civil Law Requirements.

The Family Law Act 1995 requires couples to give a minimum of three months to the State of their intention to marry. Once you have booked the Church, it is no harm to send this notification even one or two years in advance of your wedding. Without the notification to the State, the marriage will not be valid in civil law. A form can be got from the sacristy or from the local Registrar. The address is Registrar of Marriages, Room 1, Joyce House, 8-11 Lombard Street East, Dublin 2.

The phone number is 635 40 00.

Pre-Marriage Course.

We strongly advise all couples to consider a pre-marriage course. They are run by married couples and are very practical and out of which you will be enriched. ‘ACCORD’ run courses and can be contacted at 478 44 00. Milltown College also organize courses and can be contacted at 269 84 11.


How do I arrange an Anniversary Mass ?

The best way to arrange an Anniversary Mass would be to call into the Sacristy after Mass. Sacristy Tel: 8390 433. Alternatively you can talk to Fr. Paul or Fr. Cathal who will help you make the arrangements.

Text Box: Baptisms
Text Box: Funerals
Text Box: Newsletter
Text Box: Groups


Text Box: Contacts
Text Box: Mass Times
Text Box: Weddings
Text Box: Home

Church of St John the Evangelist

Kilbarrack Foxfield

Text Box: Webcams
Text Box: Teenagers
Text Box: Kids Page
Text Box: Radio